Everytime I find a recipe with pumpkin, I have got to try it. This cake recipe is great for a party. It's large enough to decorate creatively. The original recipe did not call for nuts, but I tried it with pecans and really like it.
Ingredients for cake (frosting recipe follows):
1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
Direction for cake:
1, Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan.
2. In mixing bpwl, beat pumpkin, sugar, and oil. Add eggs and mix well.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; add to pumpkin mixture and beat until well blended.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes (do toothpick test). Remove and cool completely.
Ingedients for frosting:
1 pkg (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
5 tbl butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 and 3/4 cup powdered sugar
3 to 4 tsp milk
Directions for frosting:
1. Beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in mixing bowl until smooth. Gradually add sugar and mix well.
2. Add milk until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency. Frost cake and sprinkle with nuts.