Ahhh! Peanut butter...good anyway, with anything, and anytime. Try it, you won't be sorry.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup plus 2 tbl sugar
3 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
peanut butter to taste-at least 1/2 cup. If using more, decrease shortening by an equal amount
3/4 cup crisco shortening
1 cup plus 2 tbl milk
1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together. Add graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, shortening, milk, and vanilla.
3. Beat mixture on low until moistened, then beat on medium for 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat for 1 minute.
5. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. When removed from oven, don't remove cake from pan. Frost while warm (frosting recipe follow).
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
8 tbl butter
1/2 cup milk
1. Mix all frosting ingredients together in a saucepan. Heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.
2. With a wooden spoon handle, poke a few holes in cake, then pour warm frosting over cake.