I love beef stroganoff and this take is a great change. It's very easy and tastes wonderful.
2 tbl vegetable oil
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1 pound sirloin or beef tips, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 med onion onion, diced
1 pkg (10 oz) mushrooms, trim & slice
3 tbl all purpose flour
1 can (14.5 oz) beef stock
2 tbl dry sherry (optional)
1 bag (12 oz) egg noodles
1 cp sour cream
2/3 cp french fried onions
1. preheat oven to 350 dregrees and coat a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish
2. Heat oil in a large skillet, over medium high heat. Season steak with 1/2 tsp ea of the salt and pepper. Add steak to the skillet in a single layer and cook 3 to 4 minutes, turning once. Remove steak to plate.
3. In same skillet, reducing heat ot medium and add the onion, cooking 3 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and saute 5 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 tsp each of the salt and pepper. Sprinkle with flour and cook1 minute. Whisk in broth and bring to simmer and add sherry (if using). Simmer for 3 minutes.
4. cook noodles as directed for 5 minutes, and drain.
5. Remove sauce from heat and slowly stir in meat and sour cream. Add noodles and spoon into prepared baking dish, cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and top with the french fried onions, then return to oven for 5 minutes more.