This dip is a crowd pleaser...make sure you don't run out.
1 round of sourdough bread (about 1 & 1/2 pounds)
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 tbl butter
1 pound Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2 " cubes
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained well
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut a thin slice from the top of the loaf of bread, remove center, leaving a 1 " thickness to shell. Cut removed bread into bite size pieces. Spread bread pieces onto a baking sheet, then add bread shell (replaceing top). Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, combine celery, red bell pepper, and onion with the butter in saucepan and cook on medium heat until tender.
4. Add velveeta and cook on low until melted, stirring frequently. Add broccoli, and cook until heated through, stirring frequently.
5. Pour into bread shell, just before serving. Serve with bread pieces, crackers, veggies.