The pecan is my favorite nut and love just about anything that contains them. Everything tastes better with pecans in it. :)
3 cups coarsley chopped pecans
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 & 1/2 pounds of vanilla or chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread pecans in a single layer in a shallow baking pan and bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until toasted and fragrant.
3. Line a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan with wax paper. Lightly grease the wax paper.
4. Microwave the candy coating and sweetened condensed milk and salt in a 2 qt, microwaveable safe bowl at high for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring at 1 minute intervals. Stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla and pecans. Spread in an even layer in prepared pan. Cover and chill 2 hours or until set.
5. Turn candy out onto cutting board and cut into squares. Store covered at room temperature.