I you're a cabbage fan, you'll love this dish, which will go well with any meat.
1 large head of cabbage (about 1 pound)
1 & 1/4 tsp salt-divided
2 cups boiling water
2 tbl butter
2 tbl flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded, cheddar cheese
3 tbl saltine cracker crumbs (opt)
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly grease a 2 qt baking dish.
2. Cook cabbage and 1 tsp salt in the 2 cups of boiling water for 8 minutes. Remove from heat
and drain, then place in prepared baking dish.
3. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat and whisk until smooth.
4. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining 1/4 tsp salt and cheese, whisking until cheese is
5. Pour cheese mixture evenly over cabbage, then sprinkle with crushed crackers if desired.
6. Bake uncovered for 30 min or until bubbly.