I know, it sounds weird, but trust me, these are wonderful....everyone will demand the recipe.
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup margarine, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 pkg (11 oz butterscotch chips or semi sweet chocolate chips
1 pkg (4.25 oz) potato chips, crushed (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with non stick spray.
2. Combine flour and baking soda in medium bowl, stir to mix and set aside.
3. Place margarine in large bowl, beat at medium speed until creamy. Gradually beat in both sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
4. Gradually add flour mixture, beat on low speed until combined. Stir in candy chips, crushed potato chips, and nuts.
5. Drop by rounded tbl., 1 & 1/2 inches apart on pans. Bake until edges are lightly browned, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
***makes 5 doz