I had a special request to include my recipe for meatloaf on this blog. Everybody has their own favorite recipe, but I have to admit, mine is pretty good. Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy and corn. That's how my family likes it.
1 & 1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef and pork mixture
3-4 slices bread lightly toasted-then cut in very fine cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large rib celery, finely chopped
1/4 onion, finely chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbl worchestershire sauce
2 tbl ketchup
1 tbl yellow mustard
2 tbl grated parmesan cheese
salt & pepper
1 tsp dried basil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients, mix thoroughly.
3. Place in casserole, and form into loaf.
4. Lightly coat meatloaf with 2 tbl ketchup....it will keep the meatloaf from browning too much.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour....remove from oven and let sit on serving platter for 5 to 10
minutes before cutting.