Thank goodness for refrigerated crescent rolls. There is so much you can do with them these days...from appetizers to desserts. This recipe is a dessert to die for.
1 pkg. (1 cup) fresh raspberries
3/4 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
2 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with non stick foil, or regular foil coated with non stick spray.
2. In medium bowl, combine raspberries, jam, and chocolate chips, stir to mix well, breaking up raspberries slightly and coating the chocolate chips with the jam.
3. On lightly floured surface, unroll 1 tube of dough and separate into 4 rectangles. Pinch together any perforations or holes in dough. Spoon 2 slightly heaping tablespoonfuls onto half of each rectangle.
4. Whisk egg with 1 tbl of water. Brush dough edges with the egg mixture. Fold dough to enclose filling. Seal edges, crimp with fork. Transfer to baking sheet, pierce turnovers 1 or 2 times to vent and brush top with egg wash. Repeat with remaing roll of dough and other ingredients.
5. Bake for 11 minutes until golden brown...cool slightly on wire rack. Best served warm.
***GREAT WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM