I absolutely love baklava, but it so time consuming to make. So I don't get to have it as often as I would like. This take on baklava is very easy, but so much easier.
2 packages ( 1.9 ounce each) mini phylo shells
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup shelled pistachios
3 tbl sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tbl melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place shells on rimmed baking sheet. Stir together the honey and lemon juice in a small bowl until blended, set aside.
3. Pulse pistachios, sugar, cinnamon, and cloves in food processor just until chopped.
4. Add melted butter and pulse just to distribute.
5. Spoon a rounded teaspoonful into each shell and bake 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.
6. Spoon about 1 tsp of honey mixture over hot filling. Cool on baking sheet, on cooling rack.