All I can say about these delights is***YUMMY***!!
1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1/2 plus 1 tbl granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tbl cocoa powder
1 tbl all purpose flour
2 ounces semi sweet chocolate, coarsley chopped
2/3 cp chopped walnuts
1 pkg (17.3 oz) puff pastry sheets, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In small bowl, whisk together 1 egg and 1 tbl water-set aside.
3. In large bowl, mix together the ricotta, 1/3 cup of the granulated sugar, vanilla, and remaining egg. Then stir in cocoa powder and flour , then chocolate and the nuts.
4. On lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheets to 12 inch squares. With sharp knife, cut each sheet into 9 equal squares (4 " per side)
5. Spoon 1 & 1/2 tbl chocolate filling into center of 1 square. Brush edges with egg mixture, then fold in half diagonally. Press well to seal edges, transfer to baking sheet....repeat with remaining squares..
6. Brush tops with remaining egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbl granulated sugar.
7. Bake for 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on rack.
8. To serve, dust with powdered sugar.