This dessert is so great, you can't eat just one...I bet. Great with coffee or tea.
1/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup applesauce
1 cup Granny Smith apples with skin diced small
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 & 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
3 tbl milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix together margarine, brown sugar and egg until smooth.
3. Stir in applesauce and chopped apples into mixture.
4. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice...mixing until well blended.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake 25 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool on rack.
6. In bowl, mix powdered sugar and margarine, stir in vanilla and milk until smooth.
7. Spread over bars before cutting into 20 bars.