Peanut butter and bananas-so many ways to enjoy and all are delicious. Even THE King would have a hard time deciding which was better. I'm sure this would be at the top of the list.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mashed banana (about 3)
2 tsp vanilla, divided
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
6 tbl butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray 2 ( 8" ) round cake pans
2. In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat
thoroughly, gradually blend in baking soda, flour and salt.
3. Beat in mashed bananas and 1 tsp of the vanilla, until thoroughly combined.
4. Pour mixture into pans, and bake 22-25 minutes (do toothpick test). Let sit 5 minutes, then remove cake from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
5. Frost cake-in bowl, combine cream cheese, peanut butter, and butter, beating until fluffy.
6. Add powdered sugar and the remaining tsp of vanilla. Beat until combined...frost cake, then sprinkle with the peanuts.