I found this recipe in a holiday magazine and thought it sounded both delicious and very easy. I made them for Christmas and everyone loved them.
1 pkg (18 ounce) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/2 cup shelled pistachios, lightly chopped
1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
1 pkg (11 ounce) white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly spray cookie sheets.
2. Let roll of sugar cookie dough sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
3. Open package of sugar cookie dough and on a cutting board, press dough into a rectangle.
4. Add pistachios and cherries, pressing into dough and then reshape into a log again.
5. Place into freezer for 15 minutes (so it's easier to slice).
6. Remove from freezer, and slice into 1/4 " thick rounds, then place on cookie sheets.
7. Bake 7 to 11 minutes, until golden around edges.
8. Let sit for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
9. When cookies are cooled, place white chocolate chips in microwaveable bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted.
10. Take cooled cookie and dip one half into melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper to cool and set. For the Christmas holidays, sprinkle with red and green colored sugar.