These little pastries are great for dessert, for a luncheon, or for a snack. They are so good, you can't eat just one.
1 pkg. (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 to 3 tsp grated orange peel
1 refrigerated pie crust, softened according to package directions
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1/2 cup dark chocolate baking chips
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchement paper, of spray with non stick spray.
2. In a small bowl, stir cream cheese and orange peel until blended. Unroll pie crust on work surface. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over pir crust.
3. In small microwaveable bowl, heat marmalade, uncovered on high for 10 seconds, then brush evenly over cream cheese mixture.
3. Cut crust into 16 wedges, using knife or pizza cutter. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over wedges.
4. Roll up each wedge, starting at shortest side and rolling to opposite point. Place pastries, point side down, on cookie sheet. Brust with egg on tops and sides of pastries. Sprinkle evenly with sugar.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from sheet to cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes before serving.