These are so easy to make and they are very popular in our house...especially around the holidays.
6 tbl sugar
3 & 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon-divided
2 pks (11 oz ea) pie crust mix ( or can make using 2 refrigerated pre made pie crusts)
4 tbl butter, melted and divided
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray cookie sheets.
2. Combine sugar with 1 & 1/2 tsp cinnamon-keep aside.
3. In bowl combine pie crust mixes with reserved 2 tsp cinnamon ( if using premade pie crust, sprinkle pie crusts with the cinnamon, then press into dough)
4. Divide dough in half and shape into disks, wrap & refrigerate for 30 minutes...if using premade crusts, omit this part.
5. On lightly floured surface, roll each circle of dough into 12 " circle. Then brush each circle with 2 tbl of butter, then sprinkle each with 2 tbl of the reserved cinnamon/sugar mixture.
6. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup nuts, 1/2 cup chocolate chips...pressing into dough. Then cut each circle into 12 wedges.
7. Starting from wide end, roll up each wedge. Place on baking sheet, point side down, at least 1" apart.
8. Lightly beat egg with 1 tbl water, then brush over pastries.
9. Sprinke with remaing cinnamon/sugar mixture. Bake 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on racks.