This has everything you love about the traditional campout treat, but so much more.
6 tbl (1 stick) unsalted butter-melted
1 & 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
2 tbl sugar
pinch of salt
8 tbl (1 stick) unsalted butter-melted
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp fine salt
4 large cold eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
4 cups large marshmallows
1. Position a rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 8x8 baking pan with foil so it hangs over the edges.
2. For the crust...lightly butter the foil with some of the melted butter. Stir the rest of the butter together with the crumbs, sugar, and salt in medium bowl. Press the crumb mixture evenly over bottom of pan. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make the brownie. Put the butter and chocolate in medium mircowave safe bowl and melt on medium power for 2 minutes. Stir and microwave again until completely melted, about 2 more minutes. Stir the light brown sugar and regular sugar, vanilla, salt into the melted
chocolate. Add the eggs and beat well to make a thick and glossy batter. Add the flour and stir until just blended.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until the top is crispy and a toothpick inserted into the the middle comes out mostly clean, with a few crumbs, about 40- 45 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and carfully position a rack about 6 inches from the broiler and preheat on low. Layer marshmallows across the top and toast under the broiler until golden about 2 minutes (watch very carefully). Cool on a rack, gently removing the brownies from the pan using the foil. Carefully separate any marshmallow from the foil and fold away. Cut into 12-2 inch squares.