Very nice cookie for summer because it is light tasting and refreshing.
1 cup shelled pistachios (unsalted)
2 cups powdered sugar
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1 Tbl lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1. In food porcessor, pulse pistachios and 1/4 cup of sugar until finely ground.
2. Beat butter, 1/2 cup sugar, zest, juice, and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until fluffy. On low speed, beat in nut mixture, then flour and salt to blend. Cover and chill 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. With floured hands, roll heaping teaspoons of dough into 3 inch ropes and shape into crescents. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
5. Bake 14 to 16 minutes until edges and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool slightly on sheet on a a wire rack, then transfer to rack. Let stand until just warm.
6. Gently roll warm cookies in powdered sugar. Cook completely on rack. Reroll in sugar if needed.
7. Store airtight with layers of wax paper at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
***makes approx 60