Not only are these very, very good; but, they are a great look to have around the Christmas holidays.
1 cup sweetened flake coconut
1 cup all purpose flour
1 & 1/4 cups powdered sugar
a pinch of salt
6 tbl (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
4 tsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grind 1/2 cup of the coconut in food processor, then chop remaining coconut and set aside.
3. Add flour, 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar and the salt to food processor and pulse to blend.
4. Add butter and vanilla, and pulse until dough comes together.
5. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place dough balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake cookies until firm, but tender about 15 minutes. Remove to rack and let cool completely.
7. In small bowl, stir together remaining 1 cup of powdered sugar and enough milk until smooth, but still thick.
8. Dip cookies in glaze (about 1/2 tsp for each), letting it drip down sides. Dip in chopped coconut and set aside for glaze to dry.
**makes about 24