I found this recipe on line, tried it, and fell in love. It is a great twist on a traditional favorite. Try it, I bet you love it too.
4 large sweet potatoes
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbl orange juice
1 tsp orange zest
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups shredded, sweetened coconut
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
large marshmallow (enough for 1 per ball made)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bake sweet potatoes until tender, then peel and mash.
3. Stir in brown sugar, orange juice, and nutmeg.
4. In separate bowl, toss coconut with ganulated sugar and cinnamon.
5. Press mashed sweet potatoes around a large marshmallow, creating a 2-3 inch diameter ball.
6. Roll balls in coconut mixture.
7. Bake 15 to 20 minutes...watching carefully the last few minutes....the expanding marshmallows can cause balls to burst open.