This dish is very good, very easy, and a favorite of mine. All you need is a side salad and some garlic bread.
2 pound fresh spinach, or 10 ounces of frozen spinach-chopped and drained
1 pound of ricotta cheese
3 eggs-well beaten
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup chopped parsley (can use basil instead)
salt and pepper
3 cups favorite tomato sauce
1 pound ziti-cooked and drained
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray bottom of 13 x 9 baking pan.
2. Cook spinach until heated through...drain and press out excess moisture.
3. In large bowl, combine spinach with ricotta, eggs, salt, pepper, parsley, and 2 & 1/2 cups of the tomato sauce. With a fork whip the mixture until fluffy.
4. Add cooked ziti.
5. Spread remaining tomato sauce on the bottom of baking dish and cover with the pasta mix.
6. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until heated through.
***You can double the recipe to make 2 pans...and freeze one for another dinner.