This dish is very easy and despite having pasta, feels light. It's a great meal to have with the chicken, or substitute shrimp, or just serve vegetarian.
6 ounces linguine or fettuccine
2 tbl olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped fresh tomato
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
finely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
fresh ground pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain and return pasta to pan to keep warm.
2. Heat 1 tbl of olive oil in a large skillet over med high heat, then add garlic and cook, stirring for 15 seconds.
3. Add chicken and salt, and cook for 3 minnutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently.
4. Add chicken mixture to the hot pasta along with the tomato and basil.
5. Add remaining tbl of olive oil to coat lightly.
6. Sprinke each serving with cheese if desired and fresh ground black pepper.