This a real interesting twist on a reuban sandwich, using pizza dough.
1 tsp oil
1 large onion
1 & 1/2 tsp caraway seeds, divided
1 can (14 ounce) sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
1 pound packaged prepared pizza dough (thaw if frozen) at room temperature
1/3 pound deli sliced corned beef
1/4 pound deli sliced Swiss cheese
1/2 cup prepared Thousand Island dressing
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
2. In non stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and 1 tsp caraway seeds.
3. Cook until onion softens (about 8 minutes)...remove from heat and stir in sauerkraut.
4. On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 9 x 15 rectangle, then transfer to foil lined pan.
5. Spoon sauerkraut down center length of dough in a 4 inch strip with 1 & 1/2 inch border on each short side.
6. Top sauerkraut with corned beef and cheese, and spoon dressing over.
7. Fold short sides over filling.
8. Cut eight 1 inch wide slits crosswise in dough on each side of filling, crisscross stips over.
9. Combine egg with 1 tbl. water, brush over dough and sprinkle with remaining seeds.
10. Bake until golden, 30 t0 35 minutes. Cool on pan 10 minutes, then slice.