HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Time to start digging through the recipe collection again. This makes a great side dish...very yummy!
3 boxes of frozen spinach
2 (3 oz each) bricks cream cheese
1/2 small white onion...finely chopped
3 slices bacon (optional)
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp black pepper
1. Defrost spinach...then drain in colander, and press out as much liquid as possible.
2. In saute pan, cook bacon...retain bacon grease in pan....add onions to bacon grease and cook till tender.
3. Meanwhile melt cream cheese in medium saucepan, then add parmesan, and black pepper.
4. Crumble bacon...very fine...set aside.
5. Add spinach to onion/bacon grease...saute 2 minutes.
6. Stir cheese mixture into spinach/onion mixture, mix well...then add crumbled bacon.
let mixture simmer over lowest heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.