This is a really nice drink for holiday parties and looks beautiful in a punch bowl. You can turn this into a tasty adults only punch by adding your favorite vodka to taste.
1 (64 ounce) botle of cranberry juice cocktail
2 & 1/2 cups apple juice
1/4 cup sugar (optional)
3 (3" each) cinnamon sticks
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
cloves for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients, except orange slices and cloves, in a large saucepan.
2. Heat to boiling and reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Strain punch to remove spices.
4. Place in heat proof punch bowl.
5. Place cloves in rinds of orange slices and to punch.
***If adding vodka, add to punch bowl separately...DO NOT boil.
***Makes approx. 14 (6 ounce) servings