I can't remember where I found this recipe, but it is so delicious; I have to pass it on. It is a great diversion from typical holiday fare.
2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
salt and pepper to taste
1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
1 package (1 ounce) dried onion soup mix
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Season roast with salt and pepper, place in a shallow roasting pan.
3. Stir together cranberry sauce and onion soup mix, heat, covered, in microwave until hot for about 1 minute.
4. Baste roast with cranberry mixture and place in oven, basting every 10 minutes for 60 to 90 minutes until roast is done (internal temperature should be 155-160 degrees)
5. Let roast rest 5-8 minutes before slicing.
6. Heat any leftover basting mixture to a boil, stirring for 5 minutes...serve along side roast.