This shortbread recipe is very easy and is a great addition to your holiday cookie assortment.
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 & 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter and brown sugar.
3. Gradually stir in flour.
4. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, for about 3 minutes.
5. Pat into a 1/3 inch thick rectangle, measuring 11 X 8 , then cut into 2" x 1" strips.
6. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets and prick with a fork.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until bottom begins to brown...remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pan to wire rack to cool completed.