Great treat for the fall season....and chocolate chips are yummy in anything.
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup shortening
1 tblsp grated orange peel
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together the sugar, pumpkin, shortening, and orange peel with mixer until well blended.
3. Sift dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips and stir into the pumpkin mixture.
4. Add chocolate chips, then drop onto ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake until light brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.