This is a really good dish for company. It's easy and impressive.
8 ounces fettuccine
2 tbl olive oil
1 pound peeled, deveined extra large shrimp with tails removed
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups baby spinach
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbl lemon zest
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup grated romano cheese
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions...drain well.
2. While pasta is cooking, in nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbl olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add shrimp, cook, turning once, until pink and opaque...about 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
4. To the same pan, add remaining tbl of olive oil, then garlic...cook, stirring 1 minute.
5. Add spinach, cream, 2 & 1/2 tsp of the lemon zest and salt...cover. Bring to simmer, cook until spinach is wilted...about 1 minute.
6. Uncover, remove from heat...add pasta, shrimp, cheese, and pepper...toss together, then sprinkle with remaining zest.
***can substitute 1 pound chicken tenders for the shrimp, add 2 minutes to cooking time.