This is a great recipe if you're a fan of shortbread, and is good with coffee, tea, or even ice cream.
1 & 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp instant coffee
2/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
1. Preheat 325 degrees
2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, and add butter and vanilla...beat at low speed with electric mixer until blended.
3. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate morsels.
4. Press dough into an ungreased 9" square pan.
5. Prick dough with a fork.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned...when immediately sprinkle remaining cup of morsels to cover....will melt quickly, then spread to cover.
7. Cut shortbread into 25, 1 & 3/4 inch squares.
8. Let cool 30 minutes in the pan before removing.