This is a very quick, great tasting dish that will impress family and friends alike.
1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices, drained-reserve juice
2/3 cup teriyaki marinade and sauce
1 large garlic clove-finely chopped
5 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 & 1/2 pounds)
1 tbl choppped parsley
2 tsp grated fresh ginger root
2 teaspoons lime juice
1. Combine 2/3 cup of reserved pineapple juice, 1/3 cup of the teriyaki marinade & sauce, and the garlic. Then pour into a large zip lock bag and add the chicken breasts and refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
2. Stir together the other 1/3 cup of teriyaki, the parsley, ginger, and lime juice in a bowl.
3. Remove chicken from bag and discard pineapple mixture.
4. Grill or broil chicken 10 minutes, brushing occasionally with teriyaki mixture, turning once.
5. Add the pineapple slices and continue grilling or broiling, brushing with mixture 2 -4 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and slices are golden brown.
6. Discard any remaining teriyaki mixture.