These cookies are really habit forming, and are a nice addition to any cookie platter.
1 & 1/2 cup (3 sticks) butter softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tbl vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups (12 ounce pkg) semi sweet MINI chocolate chips
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (your choice)
additional powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt in large bowl until creamy.
3. Gradually beat in flour, then stir in morsels and nuts.
4. Shape level tablespoons of dough into 1 & 1/4 inch balls.
5. Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned.
6. Remove from oven.
7. Sift powdered sugar over hot cookies on the baking sheets.
8. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
9. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar if desired...then store in airtight containers.
**makes about 5 dozen cookies