These are the tastiest things and you just can't get enough.
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 cups coarsley chopped pecans
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 tbl butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbl vanilla
1. In a large, heavy saucepan, combine the first 6 ingredients.
2. Cook over low heat, stirring gently until sugar dissolves, then cover and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir to wash down sugar crystals from sides of pan.
3. Uncover and cook to the soft ball stage (234 degrees)...stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla, beat with a wood spoon just until it begins to thicken.
5. Working fast, drop by tablespoonful on greased wax paper and let stand until firm.