Like with most types/sizes of fruitcake, either you really like fruitcake, or you just plain don't. But if you like fruitcake, you'll LOVE these little morsels...full of flavor.
1 cup butter-softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 & 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 ounce package (1 & 1/2 cup) chopped dates
1 cup chopped green candied pineapple
1 cup chopped red candied cherries
1 & 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; add egg and blend well.
3. Add flour, baking soda and salt...mix well.
4. Stir in dates, candied fruit and pecans.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes....cool 1 minute, then remove from cookie sheets to cool comlpetely.
**makes approximatley 6-7 dozen