I have tried different variations of this recipe and they're all really good. Peaches are a great substitute and remind me off peach cobbler.
2 (20 ounces each) cans of crushed pineapple, DO NOT drain
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1/2 cup butter, cut up
2 cups pecans, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and lightly grease a 13 x 9 pan.
2. Drain 1 can of the pineapple and spread ALL the pineapple (the second can will remain undrained) on the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. Sprinkle cake mix over fruit.
4. Dot evenly with butter, and sprinkle with pecans.
5. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
***serves 8-10....great with ice cream