This is a very easy, very basic, very quick recipe and it tastes pretty darn good, too.
1 large eggplant
1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce-your favorite
1 pkg (16 ounce) sliced mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13 x 9 baking pan with non stick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix 1 & 1/2 cup water & 2 tbl salt.
3. Peel and slice eggplant to 1/2 thick round slices.
4. Place eggplant slices in salt water and let soak for 30 minutes.
5. Remove eggplant from water and coat with breadcrumbs. Then place slices in prepared pan.
6. Pour sauce over eggplant and top with mozzaella cheese.
7. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until eggplant is tender and the cheese is melted.