I'm not sure how this cake got its name, but is sure is tasty.
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
1 3.5 ounce can sweetened coconut
1 box german chocolate cake mix-prepared according to directions
1/2 stick margarine-melted
8 ounces cream cheese
1 (1 pound) box confectioners sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a 13 x 9 baking pan.
2. Cover bottom of pan with nuts and coconut, then pour prepared cake batter over top.
3. Blend together the melted margarine, cream cheese, and the confectioneres sugar.
4. Spoon over unbaked batter and bake 40-43 minutes.
5. Icing will sink down into the cake, forming a ribbon.