These are a great side dish for corn lovers. Made the way this recipe reads, they're good with hot sauce. But you can omit the pepper and add 1/2 tsp sugar, then when done, dust them with powdered sugar.
1 & 1/2 cups corn kernals (raw or canned-drained)
1 cup (about 29) finely crushed saltine crackers
1/3 cup lowfat milk
2 large eggs
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbl canola oil
1. Mix all ingredients except oil in medium oil until well blended.
2. Heat half of the oil in large skillet over medium heat.
3. Drop 6 heaping tbls of corn mixture onto skillet.
4. Cook 2 minutes, turn with spatula, and cook 2 minutes more until lightly browned.
5. Repeat with remaining mixture.