Very good, company pleasing dessert, and also ideal for a brunch.
1 package yellow cake mix (reserve 1/2 cup)
2 sticks butter softened
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1/3 cup chopped pecans...toasted in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbl milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom(only) of 13 x 9 pan .
2. Remove 1/2 cup of the dry cake mix and set aside.
3. Beat remaining cake mix with the butter, eggs, and sour cream.
4. Spread half of batter in pan.
5. Mix the pecans, cinnamon and the reserved dry cake mix. Sprinkle over batter in pan.
6. Dollop remaining cake batter onto the crumb mixure and gently spread.
7. Bake for 30 to 33 minutes.
8. Make a glaze outh of the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla...thin enough to drizzle (add a little more milk if needed).
9. Poke top of cake with fork all over, then drizzle on the glaze...let cool.