I had a boss a few years ago, who was from Ohio (as was his wife), and he brought this candy in at Christmastime. Everyone loved them!
1 pound creamy peanut butter
1 pound crunchy peanut butter
1 pound butter
2 pounds (2 boxes) powdered sugar
24 ounces chocolate chips
1/4 cup parafin (shaved)
1. Cream together, both peanut butters and the butter, then add the powdered sugar.
2. Mix well and chill 1 hour.
3. Roll into 1 inch balls, and freeze at least 1 hour.
4. Melt the chocolate chips with the parafin.
5. Insert toothpicks into the balls and dip 3/4 into the hot chocolate to look like buckeyes.
6. Place on waxed paper to set....then refrigerate. (may be frozen)
***makes approx. 200 pcs.