This is a traditional, popular party item. Everyone seems to love this dip, and usually there are no leftovers.
1 (1 & 1/2) pound sourdough bread loaf
1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese, softened
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
dash of hot pepper sauce
1 (1.4 ounce) pkg vegetable soup/recipe mix
1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts drained and chopped
1 (10 ounce) frozen chopped brocccoli thawed and drained
1. Cut slice from the top of loaf of bread...carefully remove center, leaving a 1 inch shell.
2. Cut removed bread and top slice into bite sized pieces.
3. Bake bread pieces at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Combine cream cheese, yogurt, mayo, and hot pepper sauce...mix until well blended.
5. Stir in the soup mix, water chestnuts, and broccoli.
6. Spoon into bread shell and serve with reserved bread pieces and assorted veggies.