Of course, these are not just for the Fall, but pumpkin and mincemeat are usually associated with that season. And they are tasty addition to your holiday menu.
1 & 3/4 cups unsifted flour
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup COLD butter or margarine
1 cup finely chopped nuts (pecan or walnuts)
1 jar (27 ounce) ready to use mincemeat (comes is different flavors)
1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin (2 cups)
1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine flour and sugars, cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts.
3. Reserving 1 & 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture, press the remaining crumb mixture on the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 13 x 9 baking dish.
4. Spoon mincemeat over the crust.
5. Combine remaining ingredients except the reserved crumb mixture, mix well....then pour over mincemeat and top with the reserved crumb mixture.
6. Bake 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake 40 minutes longer, or until golden brown around edges.
7. Cool, then cut into squares.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature...refrigerate leftovers.