This is a great cookie for the Halloween/Thanksgiving get togethers. Sweet and tart...very good.
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Beat shortening, sugar and pumpkin together on medium speed until creamy.
3. Add egg, beating well.
4. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl, and add to pumpkin mixture.
5. Stir in nuts and cranberries.
6. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Cool slightly on sheets, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.