I can remember when my Great Grandmother, made homemade cinnamon roles, from scratch every Christmas morning. Nothing better. And while I still savor an old fashioned cinnamon roll, I rather like the monkey bread concept...just pull it apart and pig out.
1 stick butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3 pkgs (7.5 ounce each) buttermilk biscuit dough
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease tube pan.
2. Mix cinnamon and granulated sugar together.
3. Cut each roll of biscuit dough into quarters.
4. Roll each piece in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and toss into tube pan...distribute evenly.
5. Melt stick of butter and add brown sugar until dissolved.
6. Pour the mixture over the biscuit pieces in tube pan.
7. Bake 30 minutes.
***I like to add 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped pecans