So easy, but people will think you spent a lot of time making this great dessert.
1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup cherry pie filling
1 pkg (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tbl sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees...lightly spray cookie sheet with non stick spray (if using a stone, no need to spray).
2. Combine cream cheese and cherry pie filling.
3. Unroll crescent roll dough, press seams together, then roll out dough to make an 8" X 15" rectangle.
4. Cut 8 circles, using biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter.
5. Place 2 tsp cherry mixture in center of each circle...fold dough in half, matching edges, pressing edges together with fork to seal.
6. Place on cooking sheet...then brush each turnover with egg white. Then sprinkle with almonds.
7. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown.