This is good anytime of the year, because not only does it taste great, but it's very pleasing to the eye.
1 (6 ounce) shortbread pie crust
1 (8 ounce) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1. In a large mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffly.
2. In small mixer bowl, beat whipping cream, sugar, andvanilla until soft peaks form.
3. Gradually add the whipping cream mixture to the cream cheese, beating until smooth and creamy.
4. Set aside a few if the cranberries from the sauce for garnish.
5. Fold remaining cranberry sauce into the whipped cream mixture.
6. Spoon into pie crust and freeze 4 hours or unitl firm. Garnish with reserved berries.
7. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.