If you like coconut macaroons, you'll like these tasty treats. Betcha' can't each just one!
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp rum extract
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups all purpose flour
3 cups sweetened flake coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 2 cookie sheets with non stick spray
2. In medium bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, egg yolks, rum extract and salt on medium speed until creamy and smooth for about 2 minutes.
3. Turn speed to low, and gradually beat in flour until just blended and a soft dough forms.
4. Spread coconut onto plate and drop 1 level tablespoonful of dough at a time onto plate, and roll to evenly coat with coconut, forming balls.
5. Place 1 inch apart on to cookie sheets and bake for 18 minutes, or until coconut is golden. Then transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
**makes approx 40 balls