There are a few variations on this cake, but this is the one I've stuck with. It is soooo sinful (in a fun sort of way), I'm sure you'll love it.
4 tbl cocoa powder
1/2 cup crisco
1 tsick butter
1 cup water
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
4 tbl cocoa
6 tbl milk
1 stick butter
1 (16 ounce) box confectioners's sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 499 degrees, lightly spray 13 x 9 pan with non stick spray.
2. Bring to boil-the 4 tbl cocoa, crisco, butter, and water.
3. In separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
4. Stir the cocoa mixture and the flour mixture together...mix well.
5. Add the buttermilk and the eggs...mix well.
6. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, cake is done when toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean.
7. During the last 10 minutes of baking-prepare icing.
8. Boil the 4 tbl cocoa, milk, butter, then stir in the confectioner's sugar and the vanilla...mix well.
9. Spread icing evenly over WARM cake.