The name says it all! Rich and moist, with the kick of rum, makes this the perfect, adult dessert.
1 cup chop pecans or walnuts
1 18 & 1/2 pkg yellow cake mix
1 3 & 3/4 pkg vanilla jello instant pudding & pie filling
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup dark rum
1/4 pound butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup rum
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10" tube or 12 cup bundt pan.
2. Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
3. Mix all cake ingredients together, pour batter over nuts.
4. Bake for 1 hour, cool, then invert onto a serving plate.
5. When almost cooled, make glaze.
6. Melt butter in saucepan, stir in water & sugar-boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Remove from heat and stir in rum.
8. Prick top of cake multiple times and smooth glaze evenly over top and sides...allowing cake to absorb ALL the glaze.