This cake has so many things going on, people will keep eating it just to figure out everything that is in it.
3 cup flour
3 cup sugar
1 & 1/2 cup oil
1 tsp oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
4 ripe bananas-mashed
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 cup chopped pecans ( can substitiute walnuts)
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
3 tbl water
2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, grease and flour a bundt or tube pan.
2. Combine all cake ingredients, mixing until well blended...pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake approximately 1 & 1/2 hours.
4. When cake is finished, while slightly cooling, make butter sauce.
5. Combine all sauce ingredients (except powdered sugar) in a saucepan over low until butter melts...but DO NOT boil.
6. Poke hole in top of cake with fork.
7. Pour sauce over cake and when absorbed by cake, remove cake from pan.
8. After placing on a serving plate, dust top of cake with powdered sugar.